Monday, August 6, 2012

Study Abroad: The End


It seems crazy to think that Cindy and I have been here for almost two months. It has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I can’t imagine having not come. Cindy is to thank for everything. She found out about it, set a plan for saving for it, and made sure we stuck to it! She is an amazing woman and having spent so much time with her here, it just reminds me all over again why I married her. We have loved every minute here in Brazil and encourage anyone who has ever had a little interest in going on a Study Abroad to DO IT. You’ll never regret it, and one day you may regret not having gone. You’ll learn more in two months in the field than you ever could in a year of class work. You come to love and understand the people more, you experience the culture first hand and try things you never imagined, you see life from a different perspective, and you grow so much personally that I find it crazy that they aren’t requirements. I have loved it here. I have loved the time in Recife, with the CCJ, with the Jones’, on the crappy buses, seeing the beautiful and old churches, seeing many different historical sites, eating all different types of food (both very good and very bad), visiting ancient cave paintings, seeing the reef in Porto de Galinhas, visiting two separate islands in Salvador, Riding buggies, seeing the awesome forts, swimming with dolphins, catching caiman, feeding monkeys, holding anacondas, and so so so so so much more. Not only did we have these experiences but we learned so much because of our Professor Vanessa who knows everything (seriously), and makes every experience more fulfilling by teaching us what it means. This has been an amazing experience and I am sad that it is over. I wish I could continue on as if time didn’t move but I guess the real world awaits me yet again. In a week I’ll be home working away but one thing will never change; I will never forget my time here in Brasil learning about the Brasilian people, culture, and way of life. It has been simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment