Friday, July 13, 2012

Days to Chill

Today has been just a day to chill and relax. I'm grateful for it because I'm just getting over a nasty cold and Cindy is just starting to get it! Anyways, with a day to chill I have also had time to just think about life and what it has in store. I keep looking at Brasil while I'm here and thinking, "I could live in Brasil one day". I don't know if it would be a forever thing but I would love for my future kids to have the opportunity to know the Brasilian people and to gain a better understanding of the world. I know having been exposed to Brasilian life and the people has helped me to grow significantly and has made me more appreciative for the live that I have had and all that I currently do have. Too many kids are growing up spoiled and expecting everything to be given to them and I never want my kids to be like that. My awesome parents raised me to appreciate what I have and to live happily with what I've got, and I hope to raise my kids to be like that. With exposure to a humble culture, it helps youth to see how blessed they are and to know that they are not better than others because of stuff. Cindy is my perfect example of this. The went to Brasil several times during her lifetime and as I got to know her I realized how mature her view of the world was. She understood life and happiness better than most people and she loved more than any. She knows and loves the Brasilian people because she sees how happy they are with the little they have. She makes me want to live in Brasil, to know the Brasilian people at a more intimate level, to show my children how good life is because of family and tradition, and not just because of money.


I've just had a lot of time to think today, so I guess this is what has been on my mind. Maybe one day Cindy and I will get to spend a little time in Brasil, we'll see! Maybe Florianopolis, Porto Alegre, or Curitiba..
 Curitiba
 Florianopolis
Porto Alegre


These are just a few possible future ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment