Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life in the Desert: Part III

This day was AWESOME! We left this morning to go see some caves that african americans use. Yeah, that's about all i understood before we actually got to our destination. Turns out we were going to see ancient caves that had pictures from 12,000 years ago! Yeah, my excitement level went up to 10 when I heard where we were really going! 


We had to drive through a lot of mountainous area in our bus (many times during our trip I wondered what we would do if it broke down...) until we finally got to this little cove. The first man that we met actually started shaking when we met him. He had never seen so many people in his life unless he went to a party. He  was a super nice guy that took us up a pretty interesting path until we were walking along the side of a cliff to the caves.


The paintings were amazing! I love to see real history in front of me. Imagining people sitting in this cove thousands of years ago, painting what they knew and saw before them. It makes me appreciate my life. It was incredible! Possibly my favorite part of the trip!
















This was such an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment